Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Vegetarian | Vegan
A nutrient upgrade! Soak your seeds in water with one teaspoon of coarse unrefined salt for four hours, drain, and add to the salad.
- 4 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- Poppy Seed Dressing (below)
- Combine all ingredients
- in a large salad bowl.
- Dress with Poppy Seed Dressing. (For vegan dressing, substitute maple syrup for honey.)
Poppy Seed Dressing
Here’s a whole-food version of a popular dressing… a ‘whole’ lot healthier than the usual.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp Herbamare
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp white onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp poppy seeds
- Place honey, mustard, Herbamare, vinegar and onion in blender. Purée until smooth.
- With the motor running, add oil slowly.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and add the poppy seeds. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.