Grilled Fruit Salad with Maple Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 organic pineapple, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 organic mango, peeled and pitted
- 3 organic peaches, peeled and sliced in half
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 cups organic strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup organic blueberries
Peel and quarter pineapple and place in a plastic bag along with peaches and mango. Add maple syrup, cinnamon and cloves. Marinate for 1 hour up to 24 hours. Heat grill to medium high. Discard marinade and place pineapple, mango, and peaches down on rack. Grill until nicely brown on all sides, turning every 3 minutes and watching carefully not to burn. Remove fruit and cut into bite-sized pieces. Throw into salad bowl along with the strawberries and blueberries. Spoon salad into individual serving bowls and spoon topping over top.
- 1 Cup whipping cream
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Amaretto (optional) OR ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Whip cream until stiff. Fold in remaining ingredients. Spoon over top of fruit salad.