Did you know that each Goodness Me! location sells delicious homemade cookies that are made fresh each day? We do, and they fly off the shelves! And here are 5 reasons why ours are healthier and more delicious than you thought!
We offer a range of fresh baked cookies at each Goodness Me! location. There is something for everyone, including gluten free and vegan options. From our famous Hempy Hermit to classic Ginger Molasses, you’ll never be disappointed by our cookie shelf presentation.
Because we’re focusing on oats right now, we’re going to be featuring two of our most popular cookies today: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip (who doesn’t love that?!) and Oatmeal Cranberry. Aside from actually running to the Goodness Me! nearest youto try these bad boys, what better way to let you know how delicious and nutritious they are than by listing the top 5 differences in our cookies (and most of our baked goods)? Let’s dive right in!
1. Flour Choice. Both the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cranberry cookie are baked with organic spelt flour instead of wheat flour. Spelt flouris easier to digest than regular wheat flour because it has a different make-up, and is also less modified and processed. It’s a healthier alternative for baking, but delivers a delicious product! In fact, all of our baked goods in our bakery are made with organic spelt flour—the healthier choice.
2. Sweetener Choice. In our bakery, we choose to use healthier sweetener alternatives like maple syrup, honey, or cane sugar. We never use refined white sugar—a truly harmful substance for your health (learn over 150 reasons why sugar ruins your health here!). The Oatmeal Cranberry and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies are made with organic cane sugar, an ingredient your body recognizes and can digest/gain nutrients from.
3. They’re Vegan! We recognize that many people choose to be vegan, whether by lifestyle choice or because of intolerances and allergies to dairy. But we also believe that no one should have to sacrifice enjoying delicious baked goods, which is why these two cookies are vegan! We make them with extra virgin olive oilinstead of butter (though we fully endorse the health benefits and use of butter!). Olive oil is a healthy choice and is a great alternative to margarine or shortening—both of which contain harmful fats.
4. 10 Ingredients or Less. Our Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cranberry cookies both have just 9 ingredients. 9 real, whole food, recognizable ingredients; no artificial colours, flavours, or sweeteners, no preservatives, no MSG, and nothing refined. Real food with nothing to hide!
5. Oats! We’re celebrating the goodness of oats, so we had to mention that one here. Both cookies incorporate oats for a delicious flavour and texture, but also for a good source of dietary fibre and minerals like manganese, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, and zinc. Oatsare a heart healthy good that also balance blood sugars by keeping your appetite satisfied for longer. Want to learn more about oats? Check out these 5 new ways to use them(none are oatmeal!) and our top 6 product picks for oats—you’ll be surprised to see what’s on the list!
Now that you know why they’re different (and healthier for you!), rush into your nearest Goodness Me! to try our delicious Oatmeal Cranberry or Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. They are available as large cookies, or in packs of 10 minis to take home for the whole family to enjoy. As always, our eatery and bakery are focused on providing you prepared foods using ingredients of unparalleled quality at pricing that makes sense. Come by and see for yourself!
Comments will be approved before showing up.