Roast Tomato Tartine
This recipe for roasted tomato tartine combines two classic flavors - crusty bread and juicy tomatoes - into one delicious dish that's perfect for any meal. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen tools, you can create a beautiful and tasty plate of food that your friends and family will love.
Whether you're looking for something quick and easy to whip up on a weeknight or want to impress at a dinner party, this recipe has got you covered! So go ahead, give it a try, and enjoy every bite of this savory and satisfying roasted tomato tartine!
Turn simple ingredients into flavourful vegan fare!
- 1 head organic garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 organic plum or cocktail tomatoes
- ½ loaf sourdough bread
- 1 organic avocado
- 1 organic radish, cut into rounds
- 2 tbsp basil purée (recipe on page 22)
- 1 organic lemon
- ¼ bunch thyme (remove & chop leaves)
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat an oven to 400°F. Cut the top off the garlic head, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and wrap in tinfoil. Bake on a small baking sheet until soft to the touch, approximately 50 minutes. Cool, then remove the cloves from their skins and set aside.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Slice the tomatoes into thick rounds and lay out in a single layer onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil. Cut the bread into 4 thick pieces and drizzle with olive oil. Preheat a barbecue to 400°F, and clean and oil the grate. Once preheated, cook the bread and tomatoes until they have grill marks on 1 side.
- Sprinkle the bread very lightly with sea salt. Quarter the avocado, then slice, and spread onto the 4 pieces of bread. Divide the tomato slices between the bread. Pull the garlic cloves in halves and divide amongst the slices with the radish rounds. Dot with basil purée and zest with lemon, Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin, thyme and olive oil. Serve.