Molten Chocolate Cakes
Gluten-free | Vegetarian
This is possibly the most delicious chocolate dessert ever. It is very sweet and rich, but it is made with real ingredients. That makes a difference! Keep it for a special occasion, and then enjoy.
"Oh my goodness! I believe this is the best chocolate dessert ever! Light crust on the outside, creamy centre, and whipped cream on top." - Janet Jacks
- 1½ cups (one package) 71% dark organic chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter
- ¼ cup fair trade cocoa powder
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup sucanat
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 8 muffin cups or ramekins.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in top of double boiler, stirring until
- smooth. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder.
- Separate the eggs and set the yolks aside for another purpose. Beat the egg whites until stiff and add in sucanat. Fold this mixture into the
- chocolate mixture.
- Fill ramekins ⅔ full. Bake about 10 minutes (until top is cracked and cake is still runny in the middle). Serve warm with whipped cream and berries.