5 Reasons to Try our Soups & Chili
There’s something oh-so-satisfying about enjoying a hot bowl or soup or chili. That’s why we make sure to offer a variety of delicious and healthy soups in our Goodness Me! eatery. Read on for 5 reasons you need to try them!
People often enjoy soups more often in the cooler weather, but they’re great to enjoy any time of year, even in the heat. For one, they are super easy to make in batches, freeze, and enjoy whenever you need a quick meal. Second, it’s easy to incorporate a ton of nutrient-rich ingredients like vegetables, warming spices, and lean protein in one go. Third, warm foods are more easily digested for most people. In fact, many people have digestive issues when they consume raw vegetables—salads or raw carrots might make them feel bloated or have some digestive discomfort. Warming or cooking those vegetables make them easier to digest and easier to absorb the nutrients. It’s a win-win!
In our eatery, we like to make sure we always have something delicious and hot in the pot. Here are 5 reasons why you should try our soups or chili at our Goodness Me! eatery—some of these things might surprise you!
- Our beef chili is made with free range, antibiotic free beef. This means you are avoiding any added hormones, antibiotics or other harmful substances that the animal might pick up based on how they are raised. With free range, antibiotic free beef, you don’t have to worry! And it tastes better, too.
- Our chicken noodle soup is made with homemade chicken stock. We use frozen chicken bones from any chicken we would use in our eatery, and combine it with vegetables, apple cider vinegar, and just the right amount of seasonings to make a delicious and nutrient-rich broth. We use this broth to make our chicken noodle soup. It’s a great way to get tons of nutrients and flavour.
- Our Indian Split Pea soup is vegan and gluten free! Made with organic yellow split peas, you can ensure you’re still getting a good source of protein for a balanced meal. It’s also seasoned with turmeric, curry powder and cayenne, all of which are anti-inflammatory spices.
- Our soups are available fresh, packaged, or frozen. You can stop by for a quick lunch or dinner and get a cup of hot soup or chili at any time. Or, if you want to take some home to share with someone else, you can pick up a 1L mason jar of our soup or chili and have leftovers for tomorrow. Not sure when you will be able to enjoy our soup or chili? Our mason jars are also available frozen, ready to be thawed when it is convenient for you!
- We make our homemade chicken broth available to you in mason jars. This is great to enjoy on its own (delicious warmed up in the morning or afternoon for a nutrient-boost), as a base for your own homemade soups, or even in things like stir fries or curries. It’s versatile and so good for you!
- Our meats and poultry are naturally raised, nitrate-free, and antibiotic free
- Our tofu, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, apple juice and black soy beans are certified organic—as is our quinoa, chick peas, brown basmati rice, coconut, spelt flour, cornmeal, poppy seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and hem seeps
- For oils we only use extra virgin olive and grapeseed
- We use as much certified organic produce as possible, with a focus on greens and the dirty dozen, including: apples, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, kale, red onions, red peppers, romaine, spinach, and strawberries as available
- Our foods are 100 free of MSG, preservatives, artificial flavours or colours