- Helps lower bad (LDL) cholesterol
- Used as a bulk forming laxative
- Provides three natural sources of high quality fiber rolled into one: organic flax seeds, psyllium husks and organic oat bran
- Psyllium husks contain 60% to 70% soluble fibre
- Flax seeds supply lignans, which contain antioxidants
- Made from all natural ingredients with no additives or preservatives
Floralax® II is a unique laxative formula with three natural sources of high quality fibre rolled into one: flax seeds, psyllium husks and oat bran.
One of the main ingredients in FloralaxÂ® II is psyllium, which is 60% to 70% soluble fibre. When ingested with the proper amount of water or juice, psyllium can swell up to 100 times its original volume, providing bulk to promote optimum elimination through the colon. In this bulk form, psyllium acts as a sponge that absorbs intestinal toxins and brings gentle relief to those experiencing occasional constipation.
Defatted flax seeds are utilized because they swell up with water, providing additional mucilage, which helps keep the fecal matter soft. Oat bran offers a third source of fibre and is extremely easy to digest. First, the gel from the psyllium husks and flax seeds encourage activity to begin in the small intestine and then the oat bran works as a broom to sweep out the large intestine.
MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS: Each tablespoon (tbsp) (5 g) contains: Defatted flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum) . . . 2.5 g Psyllium husks(Plantago ovata) . . . 2.3 g Oat bran (Avena sativa) . . . . 0.2 g