Vegan Cheeze Scones
Yield: 12 scones
- Using a stand mixer, combine dry ingredients in the mixing bowl on low speed. Continue on low and add the oil, letting it all mix until crumbly, pea sized pieces.
- Add the sliced green onion and Daiya Cheeze Shreds and mix briefly until uniformly distributed.
- With the mixer running on low drizzle in almond milk and allow a rough dough to form.
- There should be some dry left at the bottom of the bowl. Letting the mixer run until all the dry is incorporated will lead to a tough dough that doesn’t rise as well.
- Turn the mix out onto a worktable and mix any remaining dry bits in by hand.
- Shape into a large square 1 1/2" thick (approximately the diameter of a 1 tbsp measuring spoon).
- Cut squares approximately 2"x2”. These can be frozen raw, and baked from the freezer.
- Fresh or frozen bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet at 375°F on low fan for 20 to 25 minutes until light golden brown and risen.
- Allow to cool slightly before devouring.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.