Steak & Organic Veggie Board
Take corn up a notch but keep its fantastic flavour by cooking it in the husk instead of boiling. It steams in the skin, a quick peel once cooked, and you have a tasty treat. Serve this meal on large platters and enjoy!
- 2 lb Steak, Ribeye or Sirloin
- ¼ cup Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 bunch Organic Rapini
- 4 each Corn in the husk
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 200 g Parmesan, grated
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- ¼ bunch Organic Parsley
- ½ lb Oyster Mushrooms, large or in clumps
- 2 Vine Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Ace Baguette
- Goodness Me! Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Organic Garlic cloves
- possible, leaving the leaves intact. Wash under cold water briefly and put on a tray. Heat a bbq on medium high. Place the corn on the bbq as it is heating up.
- Remove the steak from its package and dry with a paper towel, transfer to a tray and set aside.
Trim the ends off the rapini and wash under cold water briefly. Shake dry and put into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, drizzle the cut side with oil, salt and pepper
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and reserve for later.
- Clean the bbq grill and brush with oil.
- Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper and put onto the grill. Turn the steak frequently until desired doneness is reached. For a medium rare steak, it may take 6 to 8 minutes of cooking. Once steak is done, remove to a serving dish.
- In the same bowl as the rapini, toss the oyster mushrooms with oil, salt and pepper. Place rapini on bbq (perpendicular to the grill bars), along with mushrooms (gill side down), Turn the rapini frequently until wilted and the stems are softened. Turn the oyster mushrooms occasionally until cooked through and beginning to get grill marks. Remove all to serving dishes.
- Pull the husk down on the corn and remove completely or leave as a handle. Spread mayonnaise across the kernels, sprinkle with cheese then chili powder. Place them back on the grill and close the bbq lid. In 3 minutes open the lid and sprinkle with parsley, if the cheese is not yet melted, close the lid and continue to warm until the cheese melts.
- At the same time, rub the baguette with garlic cloves then drizzle lightly with olive oil (too much and the oil will cause flare ups). Place cut side down on the grill and mark lightly moving once or twice. When done season gently with salt and pepper and move to a serving dish.
- Serve all on platters with serving utensils, optionally slice the steak on a bias.