When a drink uses some of the brine of a pickle they are called “dirty”. The pickle brine in this recipe adds a little funk to imitate that tequila je ne sais quoi…
- 5 organic limes (4 to squeeze and 1 for garnish) approx. ½ cup
- 2 tbsp Italian Volcano Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup simple syrup (1 part cane sugar to 1 part water, brought to a simmer to dissolve the sugar and cooled)
- 2 tsp pickle juice
- Fever Tree Sparkling Pink Grapefruit
Maldon Sea Salt for rim
- Measure the lime juice, lemon juice, simple syrup and pickle juice into a pitcher or large measuring cup.
- Add ice and swirl for 1 minute, until the glass starts to fog up.
- Let stand while you cut the lime garnish. Make the glass edges damp with a lime wedge, then dredge lightly in alt.
- Fill glasses ½ way with ice cubes.
- Divide the lime juice mixture between the glasses. Top with Fever Tree pink grapefruit juice and garnish with lime wedges.
- Serve cold!