Hummus has been a popular spread across different cultures over time due to its versatility in use whether dipped with pita bread, as a side condiment, sandwich ingredient, salad dressing base, and more. To achieve a perfect homemade version requires specific attention to detail when choosing which varieties of key ingredients deserve your focus and care in obtaining. In this article, let us explore together what makes a great hummus bowl worthy of impressive taste bud praises by breaking down our carefully selected ingredients list item by item followed by the step by step process of making this ancient dip fit for royalty in your own kitchen. Bon Appétit!
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cloves organic garlic
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 organic lemons, juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup organic pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 sprinkle parsley, fresh chopped
- Drain the chickpeas well. Grate the garlic. Add chickpeas, garlic, tahini, salt and lemon juice to a food processor and mix until very smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil. Adjust flavour with lemon juice and salt if desired.
- Spread in a flat bowl with the back of a wide spoon. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, paprika and finely chopped parsley.