Quick Cookie Dough Log Recipes
Who doesn’t love the smell of fresh baked cookies, warm out of the oven? It’s holiday baking season and we all want to get our bake on but it can be hard to find the time. What if we told you we had cookie recipes that you can whip up in under 20 minutes and bake to order! That’s right, everything you want—in less time!
Introducing holiday cookie logs. An easy holiday baking solution that gives you freshly baked cookies on demand. Simple recipes with good ingredients; a dynamic duo when it comes to execution and flavour! Made with unbleached flours and sea salt, sweetened with organic, less-refined sugars, and flavoured with real nuts and dried fruits, you can taste the difference in every bite. Once chilled, just cut and pop in the oven for warm cookies everyone will love.
Date Nut Pinwheel Cookies
- In a small saucepan, bring the dates, water and ¼ cup of the cane sugar to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Set the mixture aside to cool.
- In a standing mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and the rest of the cane sugar until light in colour. Stir in egg, vanilla, salt, flour, and baking soda. Mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Split the dough in half and roll each dough ball out until it is about ¼ inch thick. Spread half of the prepared date paste onto the dough and gently roll to create a log. Wrap each log in parchment paper and chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Unwrap the dough logs and slice into ¼ inch thick cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack until room temperature.
Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla and beat until combined. Stir together flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed until combined. Stir pistachios and cranberries into cookie dough until well incorporated.
- Divide dough in half and shape each piece into a log approximately 2" diameter. Wrap each log tightly in parchment paper and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut dough into slices ¼ inch thick, and place 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Keep remaining dough logs refrigerated while cookies bake.
- Bake in preheated oven until bottoms are lightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Chocolate Pecan Sable Cookies
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter for 30 seconds.
- Add in both sugars and cream for another minute. Add in egg yolks and vanilla and cream until combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing until almost fully combined. Remove from mixer and fold in mini chocolate chips and pecans.
- Get out a large piece of parchment wrap and place cookie dough on top. Roll the dough out into a log that is 2" in diameter and wrap tightly. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove cookie dough from fridge and cut into discs ¼ inch thick. Place discs 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes. Cookies should be the faintest bit golden brown, if at all. Allow cookies to cool completely on their baking sheets.