This week, we’re celebrating the apple at Goodness Me! What better way to recognize its amazingness than in fresh, homemade, baked-just-right smelling-so-good apple pie?!
Did you know that we actually make homemade apple pies, from scratch, right here in our Goodness Me! bakery? Available at all Goodness Me! locations, these pies are delicious, made with quality ingredients, and are regularly a customer favourite. Here are 5 reasons why our apple pies are healthier and the best ones around!
1. We Use Organic Apples! Apples are part of the Dirty Dozen—the 12 most contaminated fruits and vegetables. These 12 items carry the highest amounts of pesticides, herbicides, GMOs and chemicals of any produce item, and by making the switch to choosing these 12 items organically, you can reduce your pesticide exposure by up to 80%! Apples are at the top of the list, which means we would only choose organic for our baked goods. And trust us—you’ll taste the difference!
2. Only 8 Ingredients. Our homemade pies have only 8 ingredients in them—and each one is a real, whole food. We’re not afraid to show you what we use: butter, organic apples, spelt flour, organic raw cane sugar, real whole sea salt, water, lemon juice, and cinnamon. No preservatives, no artificial colours or flavours, no GMOs, and nothing harmful. Finally, food with nothing to hide!
3. Spelt Flour. Our apple pie crusts are made with organic spelt flourinstead of wheat flour. Spelt flour is easier to digest than regular wheat flour because it has a different make-up, and is also less modified and processed. It’s a healthier alternative for baking, but delivers a delicious product! In fact, all of our baked goods in our bakery are made with organic spelt flour—the healthier choice.
4. Sweetener Choice. In our bakery, we choose to use healthier sweetener alternatives like maple syrup, honey, or cane sugar. We never use refined white sugar—a truly harmful substance for your health (learn over 150 reasons why sugar ruins your health here!). Our apple pies are made with organic raw cane sugar, an ingredient your body recognizes and can digest and gain nutrients from.
5. Real Butter! We believe in using real, whole foods as close to nature as possible. That’s why we choose to use real butter in our bakery instead of margarine or other harmful oils. Butter is chock full of vitamins and healthy fatty acids, and it tastes amazing. It makes a delicious flaky, flavourful pie crust that’s better than any you’d had. Don’t believe us? Try it!
Now that you know why our homemade apple pies are different (and healthier for you!), rush into your nearest Goodness Me!to try our delicious apple pies. Made fresh every day by real people with real ingredients and your health in mind! As always, our eatery and bakery are focused on providing you prepared foods using ingredients of unparalleled quality at pricing that makes sense. Come by and see for yourself!