An easy dip you'll have on the table in no time! Try this vegan queso for your next taco night or backyard barbeque!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/3 cup sliced organic green onion
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Redmond sea salt
- 1/3 cup diced organic tomatoes, fresh or from a can
- 1 can (118mL) green chili, juice and all
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 350mL Natur-a oat or almond milk
- 1 tsp organic corn starch
- 200g Nuts for Cheese cheddar cashew cheese
- Goodness Me! tortilla chips
- Fresh Salsa
- Sliced green onion
- Pickled Jalapeños
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat add the oil, green onions, garlic and salt.
- Sauté until soft then add the tomatoes, green chili, and spices (cumin, chili powder, paprika and turmeric). Continue to cook, simmering for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile stir the cornstarch into the milk.
- When the onion and tomato spice mix has thickened slightly add
the oat milk and stir well.
- Bring to a simmer, once the milk is simmering add the cashew cheese, stir to combine well.
- When the cheese is mostly incorporated remove the pot from heat and continue to stir until the sauce is smooth with no cheese lumps. This can take some time.
- Check the seasoning, add salt if needed and loosen with more
- Serve topped with fresh salsa, sliced green onion and pickled jalapeños.