- 1/2 cup Earth Balance (or other vegan butter)
- 3 Over ripe bananas
- 2 "Eggs" (2 tbsp flax meal + 5 tbsp water OR 2 tsp egg replacer and 4 tbsp water)
- 1 cup Organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- Brown sugar or coconut sugar (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Make the "Egg" by mixing the water and the egg replacer together (give it a stir every 30 seconds or so while you prep the other ingredients to make sure it emulsifies).
- Mash bananas and (in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer) mix the earth balance, "eggs", sugar and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients separately and add the wet to the dry. Mix until combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and top with brown or coconut sugar. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
*Also makes 12 regular-sized muffins. Bake for 28-30 mins.
**Recipe from Jack Middleton, Red Seal Vegan Chef, The Empowered Vegan