- 8 x 5” flour tortillas
- Goodness Me! extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 package of duBreton italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 organic hothouse tomato
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 organic jalapeño (optional)
- 1 container Mad Mexican guacamole (250mL)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 container Mad Mexican pico de gallo (250mL)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 pinches cane sugar
- Slice ¼ of the red onion and mix with the rice wine vinegar, sea salt and cane sugar then set aside. These quick pickled onions will be the perfect topping for your finished tostada.
- Crumble the sausage and toss with the remaining sliced onion, diced tomato, and spices.
- Put into an oven-safe skillet and bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, mix remaining ingredients and return to the oven for another 15 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through.
- Brush tortillas with olive oil on both sides, and toast in the oven 4 at a time for 5 minutes each or until they begin to brown turning them over half- way through.
- To serve, smear each tostada with guacamole then layer with sausage mix, pico de gallo, sour cream then top with pickled red onions and cilantro. Enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.