- Pulse the granola in a high-speed blender to chop. Add the melted butter and pulse again.
- Press the granola mixture into 4 small tart pans and bake for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until fluffy and smooth.
- Sift the cornstarch to the egg mixture and whisk to incorporate.
- In a saucepan, whisking, slowly bring the milk and vanilla to a simmer.
- Whisking, pour ½ Cup of the hot milk mixture into egg mixture to temper.
- Add the tempered egg mixture to the saucepan with the remaining hot milk mixture and incorporate.
- Whisking constantly, cook the custard until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir the coconut oil into the custard.
- Pour, spoon or pipe the custard into the crusts.
- Chill the custard tarts for 20-30 minutes before garnishing with fresh chocolate shavings and chopped hazelnuts to serve.
Recipe courtesy of a2 Milk