This simple dip is festive and fancy without all the fuss. The cranberry sauce used is Goodness Me!’s special cranberry sauce recipe—we add a little chipotle to it for a smoky, spicy note.
For the cranberry sauce:
For the dip:
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- ½ cups organic cane sugar
- 1 orange (1 tbsp zest, juice)
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- sauce, puréed
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 packages Arla Original Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- Your favourite Crackers—We love Mary’s Organic Crackers!
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, orange zest, orange juice, salt and chipotle in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Mix the cream cheese with 1 tsp of salt until smooth. Fill a shallow bowl in an even layer almost to the edge.
- Spread the cranberry sauce so that an inch of cheese can be seen at the edge of the dish. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, green onion and jalapeño slices. Serve with crackers.