Creamy Chicken Pot Pie
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Cup Diced Yukon gold potato
- ½ tsp Dried thyme
- ½ Dried rosemary
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ½ Cup Flour
- 2 ½ Cup Chicken stock
- ½ Cup 3.25 % Homogenized Milk
- 2 Cup Diced cooked chicken (seasoned)
- ½ Cup Frozen peas
- 1 Prepared pie crust
- 1 Egg, whisked
- In a stock pot, melt 4 Tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté until softened.
- Add the chopped carrots and celery to the pot and sweat the mixture for about 2 minutes. Add the diced potatoes, herbs and seasonings; sauté for 10-15 min until softened.
- Add 2 Tbsp. butter to the vegetables before sprinkling with flour. Stir and cook for 2 min.
- Combine the chicken stock and the milk. Slowly pour the mixture over the vegetables, allowing them to bubble between additions.
- Stirring, boil the mixture gently before reducing the heat. Simmer until thickened.
- Incorporate the cooked chicken and peas. Taste for seasonings.
- Cool the filling at room temperature for one hour.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees and prepare a 9-inch square baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut (9) 3-inch rounds out of the prepared pie crust with a biscuit cutter. Using a knife, cut small vents in the top of each.
- Once the filling has cooled, pour it into the prepared baking dish. Top the filling with pie crust rounds. Lightly brush the crust with the whisked egg.
- Bake the pot pie until bubbly and golden on top.