This show stopping bevvy will have your local barista wondering where you’ve gone! Smooth espresso balances out sweetness for the perfect morning or afternoon pick me up. A quick 10-minute prep will have you set up for a week of salted caramel heaven!
- 8 oz oat milk (or milk of choice)
- 1-2 tbsp simple syrup
- 1 espresso shot
- Caramel drizzle
- Touch of salt
- 1 cup turbinado sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp organic cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- Make the caramel drizzle: combine coconut cream, coconut sugar and cornstarch into a pot until it bubbles. Lower heat and simmer 5 minutes or until desired thickness. Add sea salt. Cool and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Make the simple syrup: combine all ingredients in a pot for 2-3 minutes or until well dissolved. Cool and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Assemble coffee:
- Pour simple syrup into mug.
- Steam or froth milk and pour over simple syrup. Stir well.
- Pull espresso shot and pour on top.
- Garnish with caramel drizzle and a touch of sea salt, if desired.