Braised Pork & Fennel Seed Pasta
- 2 to 2 ½ lb duBreton pork butt roast
- 1 organic onion, peeled, diced
- 2 cloves organic garlic, peeled minced
- 2 tbsp Goodness Me! extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 x 398ml cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 springs oregano
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp Louisiana style hot sauce
- Broad noodle Bioitalia
- Grated parmesan, for serving
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker except the pasta and cheese.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until the meat is fall-apart tender.
- Cook the pasta to desired doneness in well seasoned salt water.
- While the pasta cooks, using 2 forks or sets of tongs pull apart the pork into bite sized pieces. Pull out any herb stems.
- Serve pasta topped with the pork ragu and grated parmesan.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.