Part-Time Supplement Team Member
Goodness Me! is currently seeking an engaging and knowledgeable Supplement Team Member for our Hamilton, Upper Gage location. The successful applicant will have energy and enthusiasm, an eagerness to learn, and a sincere interest in natural health and supplements. The candidate must be highly responsible, reliable, and able to work with minimal supervision. A dedication to outstanding customer service and a commitment to working as part of a team are required for success in this position. Existing supplement knowledge is required, while a background in holistic health is preferred. This part-time position will entail approximately 10-15 hours per week, and flexibility is required, as this role will consist of a mix of daytime, evening, and weekend shifts.
Job Summary: Working as part of a supportive team to ensure a well-run and visually appealing Supplement Department, Supplement Team Members are keen to expand their knowledge base to better serve customers. They also help to ensure a highly positive Goodness Me! experience by enthusiastically greeting each customer and offering assistance, recommending appropriate products and providing relevant information. Supplement Team Members inform customers about the various courses and workshops that Goodness Me! has on offer, providing education aligned to help customers live healthy lives.
Position Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to, the following):
Providing a Positive Experience for Customers
- Consistently use the Goodness Me! Customer Service Model
- Present a POSITIVE attitude
- OBSERVE and listen to customers
- Be WILLING and eager to help
- EDUCATE every customer with your knowledge and expertise
- Encourage the customer to RETURN
- Inform customers about all that Goodness Me! has to offer including Lifewatchers, current classes and workshops, website, product guides, etc.
- Identify out of stocks and communicate to Supplement Department Manager
- Assist with merchandizing of products by:
- Ensuring products are consistently well faced (pulled forward)
- Helping to ensure proper signage is in place explaining product features and benefits
- Helping to ensure prices and promotions are clearly marked
- Maintaining an attractive department environment for a positive shopping experience
- Ensuring receipted products are on store shelves within 4 business hours
- Understanding current/upcoming flyers and promotions in order to better assist customers
- Provide Supplement Department Manager feedback regarding:
- Customer comments and requests pertaining to the Supplement Department
- Education courses that could be effective
Education and Product Knowledge
- Participate in training courses and workshops (including Lifewatchers) offered by Goodness Me! to build your personal knowledge base. This will allow you to better serve customers (and is also a valuable personal benefit of employment with Goodness Me!).
- Read and understand the notes from Janet Jacks’ Saturday morning radio show on a weekly basis. Seek clarification from your manager on any unclear points.
- Work effectively as part of a team. Strive to be consistently motivated, consistently learning and consistently customer focused.
- Willing to help out other departments as needed.
- Help ensure a clean and orderly supplements department, including kiosk.
- Assist with cleaning other areas of the stores as needed.
- Dedicated to delivering outstanding customer service in every customer interaction
- Highly personable, helpful and engaging
- An eagerness to continuously learn about healthy living
- A commitment to efficient and effective work habits
- Highly reliable, dependable, honest and trustworthy
- Expected to arrive on time for shifts, and a sincere commitment to only call in sick when legitimately ill
- Dedication to working as part of a supportive team
- Ability to analyze situations, identify problems and implement the best solution
- Arrive for shifts looking presentable – clean and tidy in dress and in personal grooming
- Ability to read, write and speak the primary language used in the workplace
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to learn how to use applicable computer programs and phone system
- High school diploma or general education degree equivalent
- Previous customer service experience in the natural health industry strongly preferred
- Commitment to Goodness Me! company values:
- Quality products and fair prices
- Integrity in all relationships
- Most tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by store environment systems. However, must be able to work in the walk-in cooler for short periods to pull product as needed.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert a well-paced ability to multi-task between functions.
- Must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 40 lbs on occasional basis.
- Must be able to bend, squat and reach to fulfill cleaning tasks.
At Goodness Me!, we are committed to engaging each customer, understanding their needs, and offering quality products and education aligned to help customers live healthy lives. We offer competitive wages, ongoing training and education, employee discounts, opportunities for advancement, and a culture promoting health, well-being, and integrity. Do you think you would make a great addition to our dedicated team? If so, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Goodness Me! is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in making employment decisions based upon race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any prohibited grounds. In keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, applicants must make any accommodation needs known in advance.