Introduction (00:00 – 05:49)
First Segment: Trending Topics
Topic One (05:49 – 10:15): Is 10,000 Steps a Day Fact or Fiction?
It’s become a common threshold: get in 10,000 steps a day to keep your body healthy. But where did this number come from, and is it the number we should be aiming for? The answers to these questions might shock you! Janet and Emily discuss why it might not be the amount of steps, but rather what kind of steps!
Topic Two (10:15 – 14:17): What’s Harming Bees is Harming Us!
A class of pesticides known as “neonicotinoids” have been blamed for the collapse of bee populations across the world, but we might have overlooked the impacts of them on human health. New research has linked these pesticides to health concerns in humans, especially in pregnant women. You can guarantee Emily has something to say about that! She and Janet discuss how neonicotinoids can impact our health, and how you can avoid them and other pesticides in the future.
To rid your body of the toxic load brought on by pesticides, help your body cleanse itself:
- Start your day with half a fresh-squeezed organic lemon in your water. Or, try Volcanic Organic Lemon Juice – with the juice of 40 organic lemons in one bottle, it’s one great deal (and have you ever calculated how long it would take you to juice 40 lemons??). I use it often: highest quality and convenience all in one!
- Drink Traditional Medicinals Roasted Dandelion Root Tea daily for a good liver boost.
- Eat lots of organic vegetables and quality spices like cinnamon and ginger, and consider supplementing with an organic green powder such as Genuine Health Greens+ Whole Body. They are full of the antioxidants your liver needs to work at its best!
Topic Three (14:17 – 26:00): Why We Should Respect Our Sleep
Try as we might, a good night’s sleep can be hard to get – Janet and Emily know this all too well! Research tells us that adults regularly getting less than seven hours of sleep every 24 hours were more likely to report a wide range of health problems. A lack of sleep has also been shown to impede your body’s ability to respond to insulin markers! Luckily, our hosts are refreshed and ready to give some important advice on how you can reclaim your sleep.
- Magnesium is a must in any sleep or stress issues!
- Melatonin is an excellent natural supplement to help initiate sleep. Take Natural Factors Sublingual, or New Roots Liquid Drops for extra small doses
- A comprehensive sleep formula such as AOR’s Ortho-Sleep can help to reset your body’s circadian rhythm if magnesium and melatonin don’t work for you.
- If you have a lot of screen time throughout the day, check out Spektrum Anti-Blue-Light glasses – they block the blue light emitted by your phone or computer that can be disrupting your sleep cycle.