This week all of you soon-to-be and new mommies are in for a treat! With Janet away enjoying some R&R, we’ve get special guest holistic nutritionist Laura Lima chatting with Emily about pregnancy, birth plans and how to set realistic expectations for yourself as a new mom.
Advice from the ladies to new mammas to support their bodies during pregnancy :
- Sleep as often as you can!
- Eat protein at every meal
- Don’t miss a meal
- If anything, eat your protein first because it’s so important in the first trimester for keeping your energy out
Laura is 36 week along in her pregnancy and tells us a bit about her story so far. She shares how her ideal birth plan has taken a bit of a turn over the last few weeks, and yet she continues on with such an optimistic and positive outlook.
First Segment: Hot topics
Recently a mommy-blogger posted a great article called “5 Things I Worried About With My First Baby That I’m Not Stressing Over With my Second”. In this, she gives some words of wisdom & reassurance from a mom that’s been-there-done-that and what she would say to her pre-baby self if she could. The ladies weigh in share their thoughts on things that moms should give themselves a ‘pass’ on.
Emily’s Advice to first time moms,
- Your energy output doesn’t always get the same amount of outcome!
- You can be happy and find it difficult at the same time—and its okay to feel that way.
- Don’t stress too much about sleep and schedules—they’ll figure it out!
- Your body is going to be different
- Acceptance is key