20 Things You Didn’t Know About Goodness Me!
It’s time to play a little trivia game… how much do you know about Goodness Me!? We started as a small store in Hamilton and have grown to a family of 6 stores, hundreds of staff members, and a large and loyal customer base. We exist to help people live longer and healthier lives, and this dedication has remained the same since we began. And you may know a lot about us… but can you put a check mark beside each of the items below? Read on for 20 things you didn’t know about Goodness Me!, and let us know how many were a surprise to you!
- We’re family owned. Founded by Janet and Scott Jacks, Goodness Me! is now owned and run by their son, Mike Jacks. It truly is a family business.
- We’re 100% Canadian. ’nuff said.
- Our first store opened on the Hamilton mountain 33 years ago when Janet and Scott wanted to give better access to healthy living products, for themselves and the community at large.
- Goodness Me! was born out of a family crisis: Scott Jacks’ father died of the complications of diabetes, and Scott was diagnosed with diabetes during this time. In an effort to help her husband and family live the healthiest life, Janet turned to nutrition as the key to health. Unable to find the products she needed to transform her family’s lives, Janet and Scott decided to open their own store to make the products readily available for themselves and the people of Hamilton. This mission remains the same 33 years later, and Scott Jacks feels healthier and more energetic than ever, despite the diabetes.
- Goodness Me! is dedicated to education. We want to learn and share with our customers on a regular basis through classes, courses, in-store tools, online resources, and more. When people know better, they do better.
- Goodness Me! has a full prepared foods and bakery, offering a variety of foods such as a hot tray, salad bar, sandwiches and wraps, family meals, soups, smoothies, juices, cookies, muffins, cakes and more. (Selection varies by location.)
- Janet Jacks has her own radio show called Just For the Health Of It every Saturday from 8am-9am on AM900CHML.
- Janet Jacks published her first book titled Discover the Power of Food in January 2014, and there have been over 4800 copies sold.
- Goodness Me! now has 6 locations: 2 in Hamilton (1000 Upper Gage & 176 Locke St. S.); 1 in Waterdown (74 Hamilton St. N.); Burlington (2300 Fairview St.); Brantford (605 West St.); and our new location, Mississauga (720 Bristol Rd. W.).
- Goodness Me! has 3 new stores coming in the next 6 months: Barrie, Guelph, and Waterloo!
- Goodness Me! is planning to launch an online store within the next 6 months to give our customers easier and more convenient access to healthy living products.
- Goodness Me! is involved in social media on all fronts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and soon Pinterest. Follow us to keep up to date!
- Lifewatchers, Goodness Me!’s 10 week healthy living course, has been running for fifteen years with thousands of successful graduates. It helps our customers create their own unique success stories.
- Goodness Me! has our very own organic produce farm where we grow our own produce. Two dedicated farmers, David and Meiring Beyers, tend to the farm passionately in Campbellville to provide us with the freshest organic produce possible.
- We also have our own beef farm, where cows are raised naturally and antibiotic free for high quality, juicy and tender beef under Goodness Me!’s own brand, Butcher’s Daughter.
- Our standards are amongst the highest in the industry. If a product has an ingredient that we don’t agree with, or if a brand indulges in practices that don’t match our values, we won’t carry that product. We make the best choices for our customers.
- Cooking classes are offered at all Goodness Me! locations to help people learn how to take the “why” and turn it into the “how”.
- Goodness Me! has our own seasonal magazine called Nourish which includes dozens of recipes, articles from naturopaths and health experts, tidbits and tips on living well, and much more.
- Goodness Me! has a commitment to local charities, supporting organizations like Living Rock in Hamilton and Hazel’s Hope Charity in Mississauga.
- Goodness Me! cares: about our staff, our history, our roots, our customers, our products, and our cities. There’s no other way to do business.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.